UPDATE: 26 March 2010- contest closed and winner drawn! Thank you!
One of the unawesome things about me is the fact that I can't even sew a button on without it immediately coming off. I admire those who create crafts that are so wonderful that other people want to buy them.
This is one of the many reasons why I admire the women at Etsy Austin. Some of their members generously provided swag for goody bags during the New Media Fashion brunch, and I thought it'd be awesome to introduce some of these crafty women to you guys-- my dear readers who live all over the world. You can win the very same swag bag that was given to the New Media Fashion brunch attendees last Friday. How's that for awesome?
Inside the swag bag you'll find:
copper and silver earrings by Adorn Modern.
a Scrabble tile necklace by Amelia Beth.
a mini wallet by annemarie.
an obi belt by Craft Chi.
a cameo necklace from Diamonds and Guns by Action Jackson.
a stone and silver guitar pendent from Gem Junkie.
a yo-yo ring from The Good Shoppe.
a jewelry cloth from Merritt Gade.
a business card holder from Paired Hearts.
black and white beaded earrings from Polished Two.
an oki-obi tie belt kit from The WonderCraft (as seen here on Cass).
Now that you're chomping at the bit to enter, here's how you can win all that loot:
1. Make sure you're following Adored Austin either on Google Reader, Blog Lovin', or on Networked Blogs on Facebook.
2. Leave a comment by Thursday, March 25th saying:
- Your first name and last initial,
- Answer this question: "What is something you wish you could make?",
- Your email address (so I can contact you if you win. Don't worry. I delete all comments at the end of the contest period, so your privacy remains protected from spam bots), and
- Your webpage and/ or your Twitter address (optional)
- Indiana A.
- I wish I could sew summer dresses!
- indiana at adoredaustin dot com
- www.adoredaustin.com/ @adoredaustin
This contest is open to almost* everyone, worldwide, and you are not required to repost or retweet this. I'll be drawing the winner on video on Friday, March 26th, and I will contact you via email to let you know you've won. Prize must be claimed by Friday, April 2nd.
*I say "almost everyone" because New Media Fashion brunch attendees should not enter because that'd be weird, considering you already got a bag.
Please visit the following individuals to learn more about what they create. I am certain that these Austin based, independent artists would appreciate your business!