I bought this seersucker blazer back in April and accidentally forgot all about it! Since it's not super, duper hot here in Austin, I wore it yesterday to my 20 week sonogram appointment and then I donned it again today for a quick jaunt to the bank. Give it up for two day repeats!
dates: 2 and 3 June 2010
occasions: doctors appointment, News8 interview, errands
blazer: thrifted- bulk vintage sale
tank: Old Navy
shoes: Miss Me- courtesy of a gift card from Lulus
owl necklace: vintage gift from my Grandma
A few things:
1. The history of seersucker fabric is actually very interesting! Did you know that it was originally, traditionally worn by the working class but then rich, Ivy League school kids started wearing it for the irony factor?
2. A couple of my recent posts have been updated with promo codes. The Shabby Apple giveaway post was updated with a 10% off code and the Toms Shoe post was updated with a $5 off code.
3. There's a new blog in town! Everyone, welcome Hello Hauteness to the blogosphere. Ashely Sparger, who is based here in Austin, featured Adored Austin as the first in her "A Blog I Heart" series. Thank you, Hello Hauteness! I am flattered! Check that out here.
4. I was also featured on News8Austin yesterday. Ashely Porter did a "Behind the Computer" bit on four popular Austin blogs, and Adored Austin was one of them. Again, I was flattered! Ashley came over and took a photo of my tiny office. That little blurb is here. I'm the third blog down.
5. Lastly, tomorrow is the weekly Ladies who Lunch meet-up for Austin based lady bloggers. We're meeting at 12:30 p.m. at Star Seeds. I'm excited because Sydney is meeting up with us and selling me THE MOST ELUSIVE SHOES, EVER! Oh my gosh, I'm so giddy! Add the navy Toms Wedges (that perfectly match my seersucker blazer, by the way!) to my summer shoe collection and I can die and go to affordable shoe heaven! Am I right or am I right?