My TOMS Wedges have arrived!
As you are all well aware of by now, I have been impatiently waiting for this day since March!
[music sampled: "Antarctica" by His Orchestra]
- They fit true to size. I wear a size nine in regular TOMS and a size nine in the wedges are a good fit.
- The heel is 3.5 inches high, which I think is the optimal height for making your calf muscles look good while still maintaining a sense of stability and comfort.
- Like all TOMS, for every pair purchased, a needy child will also get a pair (non-wedges, of course!).
- As a company standard, these are made under fair working conditions using sustainable materials.
Keep in mind, though:
- These require a break in period of 1-2 days. They are a little difficult to put on at first, but after walking around the house for a while, the canvas seems to have given in to my feet shape better. It wasn't love at first foot insert, but it's love now!
- The alternating stripe matches the burlap of the wedge part. For some reason, I thought the stripes would be bright white.
All in all, though, I'm super pleased. I thought I was going to have to exchange them for a larger size, but after a day of wearing 'em around my house, I am utterly smitten!
My hair kind of looks like a wig here. It's so fluffy today!
Hey, so, Bret Michaels called. He would really appreciate it if you stopped raiding his do-rag collection.
date: 16 June 2010 // occasion: running errands, breaking in my new TOMS wedges // convertible dress: courtesy of American Apparel [seen here in a one shouldered configuration] // scarf: pilfered from my Grandma [seen here as a shirt and a belt] // wedges: TOMS //sunnies: Urban Outfitters
Now that I have these TOMS wedges and the Cynthia Vincent gladiator wedges, my feet are all set for summer. All I need is a pedicure!