Episode 02 / Nice to meat you
For our second episode, we talk about one of our favorite things: food. We mainly talk about meat, but we talk about desserts and favorite restaurants, too. Caroline, our two year old, makes a cameo, and we end by marveling at competitive eaters. Special thanks to our sponsor Honest Tea!
LISTEN (SUBSCRIBE ON ITUNES):
THIS EPISODE, AT A GLANCE:
Approximate breakdown of which foods we talk about
- You guys! We're in the iTunes store now! This all feels super legit now!
- Our second episode was recorded a couple days after our first. We're still getting the hang of it, but we're having so much fun!
- We both love food and to prove it, we talk non-stop about it for 34 minutes.
- Back in 2007, we entered a vegan hotdog eating contest. [photo!]. We entered on a whim and quickly taught ourselves the Kobayashi method in the minutes leading up to the contest. Spoiler alert: we got second place. Editors note: upon creating these show notes, though, we learned that we did the Kobayashi method incorrectly! Here's the right way (video!). Hot dogs are to be consumed separate from the buns. Doh!
- Chris' grill is the Primo XL. Add these extension racks to it, and you can smoke two briskets and five racks of ribs at once. That's 680 square inches of cooking space, yo!
- One of the best things Indiana has ever gotten via Groupon was eMeals. For over two years now, Indiana has used eMeals (Paleo family) to plan dinners. Here's a free 14-day trial.
- This is a Learning Tower. It takes up a lot of room in our kitchen, but we love it. The kids use this to help cook.
- Instagram proof that Jude has mastered microwaved scrambled eggs on his own.
- Indiana recently bought this spiral veggie cutting contraption and the Inspiralized book by Ali Maffucci. She's used it almost daily since getting it and her veggie intake is way up! What I Wore Instagrammed it and Indiana could not stop thinking about it!
- We majorly LOL'ed when we found #LiveFromSnacktime on Insta.
- Molly Schuyler is an incredible human being.
- Atlanta restaurants we mention: FLIP Burger (try the steak tartar burger and Krispy Kreme milkshake) and Lobster House (Japanese buffet). Heads up: We'd love your Atlanta recommendations, especially North / OTP and family friendly!
- Places we recommend eating in Austin: Estancia (churrascaria), Pluckers (wings), Titayias (Thai), HEB Mueller cafe (BBQ), Contingo (best burger), Mandola's (Italian).
- Indiana has always been a big tea drinker, and one of her favorite brands of cold tea beverages is Honest Tea. I mean, can you think of a better pairing than BBQ + sweet tea? Or a spring salad + a cool green tropical tea?
- Of note, Honest Tea has more than just their famous fair trade, organic tea offerings. Did you know that? Indiana has tried their entire product line (not a joke) and highly recommends their Pomegrante Blue Tea, Golden Ginger Ale Fizz, and loves getting Honest Kids juice pouches for her crew. Check out their entire line-up here.
QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
"Night night. I want steak." -Caroline, age 2.5
- Would you consider yourself a "foodie"?
- What is the most you've ever eaten in one setting?
- Do you have a sweet tooth or a meat tooth?
- We published three episodes at once, so be sure to grab episode 01 and episode 03 as well. They're already live in the iTunes store!
- We're trying to spread the word about both our podcast and this blog. That said, we're so giddy that we had 197 downloads yesterday and 638 page views, our first day! To keep up our momentum, we'd love it if you could tell a friend about us (simply use the share button below!). We're trying our hardest to land in iTunes' New and Notable section in the next two months, so the more downloads we get and the more five star reviews, the better chances we have. Bonus: we'll read some of the funniest five star reviews in future episodes.
- Speaking of future episodes, if there's a topic you'd like us to tackle or if you have questions you want to ask us, drop us a line. This blogcast is for you!
- Show notes for episode 03 will be live in the wee hours of tomorrow morning, but you can listen to it without 'em if you'd like.
- Sign up in the sidebar to get a heads up in your inbox when our newest podcast is live. We'll also send you a bonus dad joke to brighten your day... or to make you groan, depending on how you feel about dad jokes.