Episode 05 / Friender and #SquadGoals
In episode five, we talk about how friendship evolves from elementary school to post college. Of note: making friends is hard after college! Our friend Sully from Sully By The Numbers shares how people are worth pursuing, and then we share our celebrity friendship #squadsgoals.
THIS EPISODE AT A GLANCE:
Charting our ease of making new friends as we get older . . .
1 = easy as breathing -vs.- 10= impossible
- Chris grew up outside Atlanta. Indiana grew up in Seymour, Indiana.
- Here's a video of our best friends Brooke and Andy giving us a toast during our wedding re-do on the Meredith Vieira Show last year.
- PBS: Understanding Middle School Friendships
- Recommended reads: (1) The Four Loves, (2) Practicing The Presence of People
- Relevant: (1) Seven Ways to Be Insufferable on Facebook, (2) Infographic video- The Innovation of Loneliness, (3) Ten Types of Odd Friendship You're Probably a Part of, (4) Beyonce, Taylor Swift and the Summer of #Squadgoals
- Chris' celebrity #squadgoals: Richard Dean Anderson, Don Herbert, Jeremy Enigk, Denison Witmer, and Russell Moore.
- Indiana's celebrity #squadgoals: Mindy Kaling, Taylor Swift, Connie Britton, and Betty White.
- Our ATX Squad who we miss dearly. Photos taken by our squad resident photographer and friend Logan Pearce.
QUOTE OF THE SHOW:
"I wish there were an app for friendship like Tinder, but ya' know, for friendship. It could be called FRIENDER." -Indiana
- When was friendship the easiest for you? The hardest?
- Do you have "criteria" for potential friends?
- Which celebrities would make up your dream squad?
- Yay! We have five five star ratings in the iTunes store and one really sweet review. Since we're trying so hard to land in New & Noteable, could you please leave us some more iTunes loving?
- Do you mind using the share button below to spread the word about our show? Thank you!
- Loneliness can be debilitating. Motherhood can often be isolating. This is a subject we're both very sensitive to. If you're aching for camaraderie, reach out. We'd love to connect with you and help you come up with a plan to meet others in your community.
- If you're local to Atlanta, let's be friends in real life for real! Tweet or Instagram at Indiana. Seriously!