Episode 12 / Thoughts on Social Media & The Internet
When it comes to new social media channels, one of us is an early adopter whereas the other is a self-proclaimed curmudgeon. This week we discuss our social media usage and how this technology has (and has not) improved our lives. We cover blogs, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Periscope and weigh the pros and cons of each, laughing the entire time.
At a glance:
Scale of 1- 10: What social media tools Indiana likes vs. Chris
- How we met with relevant links
- Indiana on Twitter: @indianaadams, Pinterest: @indiana, Instagram @indianaadams, Facebook: @momjeansanddadjokes, Snapchat @indiana.adams, Periscope @indianaadams, & Good Reads: @indianaadams.
- Know Your Meme: Star Wars Kid
- Chris mentions: Stack Overflow, DISC assessment
- Indiana mentions: her failed attempt at starting a dinosaur meme, Jen Loves Kev
- Our current favorite tv show: Silicon Valley
- Chris recommended reading: Silicon Valley's Youth Problem (via NYT).
Quote of the Show:
"You have a secret fantasy football draft don't you? I knew it! I knew it!" - Chris, revealing his fears about next week's Sportsing themed episode.
- Do you know anyone who met online and legit fell in love?
- What are some of your favorite social media channels?
- When it comes to new social media technology, are you an early adopter or do you prefer a wait-and-see approach?
- We will be live on Periscope, tomorrow night, Thursday Sept. 3 at 9 pm EST answering questions and telling funny stories related to this episode and our previous episodes! Follow IndianaAdams on Twitter to see the Periscope link go live!
- See that share button at the bottom of this post? We'd be over the moon if you could share our show with others... even though Chris hates all the "share" buttons that have permeated everything.
- Keep those five star reviews coming. We'll read them on the air, and there's some mysterious iTunes algorithm that uses our ratings to advance our show in the podcasting listings, so every five star review helps get the word out about Mom Jeans & Dad Jokes.